Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's Thursday... What are you reading?

Hi All,

It's Thursday, and I want to know what everyone is reading. I have been reading a lot lately, and I've been adding books to my ridiculously long TBR pile. The best thing, and the worst thing about me belonging to all those yahoo groups is, all the new release post that goes up on Tuesdays. I see all the pretty covers, and get caught up in the excerpts. The next thing I know, I'm hitting the one click button on Amazon, or checking out at MBAM. I'm spending money on books like crazy, and going way over my book budget. I'm helpless to stop it. *sigh* It's OK.. I love to read, so it's justified. OK, back to the subject of this post.

This is what I'm reading...

The YearningThe Yearning by Tina Donahue

Blurb:


To break this curse, they’ll have to turn the heat up. Way up.


Jasmine Dante prowls Key West’s nightlife, fighting a losing battle against a jealous rival’s curse that forces her to seek carnal pleasure, no matter the danger. Weakened from lack of sleep, driven by insatiable lust, she spots a man who stirs her desperate craving, and begins yet another dance of seduction.


Except the dark stranger who returns her direct stare is no ordinary lover. Inside his powerful body lies a raw sexuality that just might be enough to break her curse. There’s only one way to find out: imprison him in her bed and feed on his passion.

Former U.S. Marshal Mike Stearn is many things, but he’s no woman’s sex slave. The deadly telekinetic power he ruthlessly suppresses comes alive again at Jasmine’s touch. Beneath her bold, potent sensuality he senses vulnerability and desperation. He may be in handcuffs, but she’s the one who’s enslaved.

As Mike resurrects his power to free himself so he can find the curse’s source and defeat it, Jasmine revels in his masterful rule. Her ravenous yearning evolves into rapture as she surrenders to his hunger, her darkest needs—and the emotional connection that lies beyond. Unless the curse takes her life first…


Warning: Tons of steamy sex, smoldering passion and a to-die-for love story with a hot Alpha hero who finds himself imprisoned by one sultry and desperate babe.

I read Tina's book Sensual Stranger and LOVED it. I have heard nothing but great things about this book, and I'm looking forward to finishing it. I will definitely be back with a review.

I am also reading..


Colters' Daughter: Colters' Legacy, Book 3 Colter's Daughter by Maya Banks

Blurb:

He let her go once. This time he’s playing for keeps.



Colters’ Legacy, Book 3

Callie Colter once chased sunsets all over the world. Until Max. Together they were a perfect storm of desire, and she reveled in the beautiful power. Then he disappeared without a word, and the betrayal drove her home to lick her wounds.

Who knew he’d have the gall to show his face in her brother’s bar.


Max Wilder figures he deserves Callie’s right hook to the jaw, but it changes nothing. He had his reasons for pursuing her across Europe, for making her fall in love with him. But when she took everything he gave and offered more, she changed all the rules. He had no choice leaving her, but he’s back. This time for the right reasons.

Callie is angry and hurt, yet powerless against Max’s relentless onslaught. He’ll settle for nothing less than her complete surrender—and her love. Only when she’s back in his arms will he be truly happy. And the damning truth can stay safely tucked away.


Except the truth has a way of creeping to the surface, and Max may just be out of second chances.

Warning: This title contains adult language, explicit sex, rough sex, anal sex. In other words...sex! Also contains themes of D/s which might offend some readers. Lots of angst, emotion and betrayal. Second chances and lots of warm fuzzies.

I love this series, and I have been looking forward to this book. Big SHOUT OUT to Maya Banks for hitting the New York Times Best seller list with this book.

Well... That's My Rundown.

What Are You Reading?

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of these books until now !! I hope you're enjoying them !! Can't wait to know what you thought of them !!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)