I cooked this for my family, and they loved it. I hope you will give it a try if you like Mexican food.
Layered Mexican Casserole
Prep Time: 20 Mins.
Total Time : 1 Hour.
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 jar (16 oz) Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1 can (15 oz) Spanish rice
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Step 1:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1 cup of the salsa; heat about 2 minutes or until hot.
- Step 2:
- Line baking dish with 4 tortillas, overlapping to fit. In medium bowl, stir together refried beans and remaining salsa; spoon over tortillas, and spread evenly. Top with half of the meat mixture and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Layer 4 more tortillas over cheese. Spoon and spread Spanish rice over tortillas. Top with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Top with tortilla chips.
- Step 3:
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until hot in center and bubbling along sides.
- You can add diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce & sour cream if you like.