Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Recipe Saturday - Cheesy Potato Fries

 Hi All,

I don't know if you guys know this about me or not, but I love the website Pinterest. I have found some great recipe's, quotes, cleaning solutions, home ideas, and books on that site. The recipe I chose this week is Cheesy Potato Fries. I found this recipe on Pinterest via Oh So Delicioso's blog , and they are awesome! I made two batches for my family last night, and they totally demolished them, and begged me to make more. I hope you will give this recipe a try, and be wowed like I was.


Cheesy Potato Fries
Ingredients:
 
Fries:
4-6 Potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea Salt, Fresh ground pepper, your favorite seasoning salt

Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ranch dressing 
1/4 cup milk

Toppings:
1 cup (or as much as you like) Shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1/4 cup green onions
 
Directions:
 
Cut potatoes into "steak french fries" size. 
{I like them thicker...but that means it will also take a little longer to cook than skinny ones.}


Place on foiled baking sheet. 
Drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss with tongs. 
Sprinkle salts and pepper over the potatoes. 
 Bake 400 for 40 minutes or until fork tender


in separate bowl mix:
 sour cream, Ranch dressing and milk.
Whisk Together

on a separate platter smooth out 3/4 of the sour cream sauce.
place hot potatoes on sour cream sauce.
drizzle remaining sour cream sauce on potatoes
Sprinkle toppings. 

Place under broiler for a few seconds to re-melt cheese.
It's going to be messy and delicious.
 
No matter what cheese or spices you use DON'T forget to add the sour cream/ranch sauce. It makes or breaks these fries. 
well, OK, the cheese is pretty important.
 
  Other Seasoning suggestions instead of seasoning salts
A. Jonny's seasoning salt, garlic, onion, sea salt etc
B. Fresh herbs (or dried) thyme, seasoning salts, garlic salt, Rosemary, basil
c. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
D. cumin, chili powder, garlic, peppers, onion -For a Southwest Flare
E. Curry and cumin for Eastern Flare
OK you get the point- season the potatoes how you would like it. Potatoes are pretty bland you can go crazy!

 
 
 

 
 
ENJOY
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)